- National Vulnerability Database
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes Database
- Qualys security alerts
- Symantec Security Response
- Cisco SAFE Reference Guide
This guide discusses the Cisco SAFE best practices, designs and configurations, and provides network and security engineers with the necessary information to help them succeed in designing, implementing, and operating secure network infrastructures based on Cisco products and technologies.
- Browser Security Handbook
This document is meant to provide web application developers, browser engineers, and information security researchers with a one-stop reference to key security properties of contemporary web browsers. Insufficient understanding of these often poorly-documented characteristics is a major contributing factor to the prevalence of several classes of security vulnerabilities.
Although all browsers implement roughly the same set of baseline features, there is relatively little standardization - or conformance to standards - when it comes to many of the less apparent implementation details. Furthermore, vendors routinely introduce proprietary tweaks or improvements that may interfere with existing features in non-obvious ways, and seldom provide a detailed discussion of potential problems.
- OWASP Projects
- Incident Management: Computer Security Incident Response Team Handbook: http://www.cert.org/archive/pdf/csirthandbook.pdf
- Open Directory Project: Security policies
- Virustotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines.
- VISA: Data Security Alerts, Bulletins & Webinars
Visa is committed to helping all payment system participants better understand their responsibilities related to securing cardholder data. As part of this commitment, Visa issues security alerts when vulnerabilities are detected in the marketplace.